Dress Code for Volunteers
“Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” -1 Cor. 10:31
How we dress immediately sends a message. As a follower of Jesus, every aspect of our lives comes under his authority. With our attire, we must show that we respect God, our bodies (which are temples of the Holy Spirit), and others (who are Christ’s body).
We protect our brothers and sisters in Christ from unnecessary temptation by dressing modestly. While temptation can be found anywhere, our people should not have to deal with additional, unneeded temptation when they gather together as the church.
North Side’s volunteers lead our people and their children in discipleship-based gatherings. Since they are in-front of people visually, volunteers, of all people, should exhibit a modest, neat, and well-groomed appearance.
All ministry volunteers are expected to dress appropriately for the task they will be performing in a way that honors God and protects your spiritual family. By adhering to the list below, we can strive for a distraction-free environment. If a staff person or leader determines your dress to be inappropriate, you may be asked to wear more appropriate clothing the next time you serve.
“‘All things are lawful,’ but not all things are helpful. ‘All things are lawful,’ but not all things build up. Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.” 1 Corinthians 10:23-24
Dress Code Specifics:
- Be conscientious to avoid tops that are see-through, too tight, or that have low necklines.
- Make sure your shirt is buttoned up to an appropriate place.
- Bras should not be visible at all. Underwear should not show when you are moving around (i.e. raising hands, bending forward or backward, etc.)
- Sleeveless tops are acceptable as long as the top of the shirt comes to the edge of the shoulder. No spaghetti straps or tank tops.
- Make sure that your midriff is covered when you raise your hands or move around.
- Skirts, dresses, capri pants, and shorts should come to at least half of the thigh and not be see-through.
- No ripped or holey jeans.
- No sagging pants (use belt or suspenders if necessary).
- No leggings unless they are being worn underneath a skirt or dress of appropriate length.
- Pants should not be excessively tight.