Who We Are
We are an elder-led, Southern Baptist church that seeks to lead our community in two foundational areas.
- We are a people in a covenant relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ. This relationship means we believe that the most important relationship in life is our relationship with God through Jesus. This truth shapes everything else about us.
- We are people in a covenant relationship with each other through church membership. We believe it is important to know each other, learn with each other, and live in a way that shows the world that we care for each other.
What We Do
Our church is committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ. It is our desire that through making disciples we would be a church that makes an impact in our community and to the ends of the earth.
What is a Disciple?
A disciple is a born-again believer who:
- Loves and cherishes Jesus,
- Learns what Jesus taught and valued,
- Lives their life by the values and teachings of Jesus, and
- Leads others to do the same.
How We Make Disciples
- Worship – On a weekly basis, we gather together for the purpose of worshipping our great God together. We sing of the infinite worth of Jesus and preach from the Holy Scriptures the things God has said to us. While we affirm that worship is more than this time together, we acknowledge the biblical truth of meeting together regularly while encouraging a lifestyle of worship.
- Discipleship – From preschoolers to senior adults, we believe that a growing and vibrant faith is important and that no one gets there without intentional discipleship. We believe this to be one of the key areas of emphasis within the church.
- Mission – We seek to engage the culture around us with the good news of the Gospel. We believe that it is best seen and done through the life of the individual living on mission at home, at work, at play, and to the ends of the earth.
What Are Our Core Values?
- Centrality of Scripture – We believe the Scriptures, including both the Old and New Testament are sufficient for the purpose of knowing and loving God especially in understanding the person and work of Jesus. We believe the Scriptures point to Jesus as Savior and LORD and gives us the Gospel, that Christ died for us and that he was buried and was raised up on the third day. This is our central ambition, to be rooted in the Word of God in all that we say and do.
- Intentionality – We are all different and it is our belief that we all need different approaches to growing and maturing in Christ. We have developed strategic ways for each individual to mature in faith in a way that God has designed them uniquely.
- Mature Leadership – We desire to place spiritually mature believers in roles of leadership to guide those around them. It is our hope that with this leadership in place we might all grow in our understanding of the Scriptures and its implications in a fuller way.
- Accountability – We all need each other in this journey. We cannot walk in faith by ourselves for very long. We need accountability, not exclusively for what we are doing wrong, but for encouragement concerning how we can strive to do what is right before the LORD.
- Reproducibility – As followers of Jesus we desire to see others come to faith in Christ. We want to teach, learn, and lead in a way that enables our community to reproduce what they have learned and what they are continuing to learn.