The God Who Answers with Fire [Bible Reading 9/4 Week]
On Mt. Carmel, the prophet Elijah demonstrated the stark contrast between the demand placed on our lives by pursuing false idols and the resources God provides for us to pursue our relationship with Him. In the end, one pursuit leaves us bled out and used up; the other pursuit builds us back up and ministers to us so we can minister to others.
- 1 Kings 18:17-39 (The God who Answers With Fire)
- 1 Kings 18:40-46
- Joshua 7:1-15 (Similar situation at Ai)
- Romans 5:1-6 (Our God made the sacrifice for us, not like Baal)
- 1 John 4:7-19 (Cure for idolatry: Love God and Love each other)
If you are studying these passages by yourself or as a family, the following 3 questions can help you go deeper in understanding:
- What does this say about God?
- What does this say about us?
- What will we do about it?