The Foolishness of a Once-Wise King [Bible Reading 8/7 Week]
Near the end of Solomon’s reign, he put foolishness on display. Solomon’s story is a reminder that all of us are capable of derailing our walk with God by making foolish choices. It is also a reminder our only hope is in the true King whose wisdom and righteousness are perfect–Jesus Christ. As believers, we repent of our foolishness, rely on God for wisdom and salvation, and then call others to trust in Him.
- 1 Kings 11:1-13; Luke 11:31; 1 Cor. 1:30
- 1 Kings 11:14-42 (Lord Turns Against Solomon)
- 1 Kings 12:16-33 (Kingdom Divided)
- 1 Kings 13 (Man of God Confronts Jeroboam)
- 1 Kings 14 (Jeroboam and Rehoboam)
If you are studying these passages by yourself or as a family, the following 3 questions can help you go deeper in understanding:
- What does this say about God?
- What does this say about us?
- What will we do about it?