A King of Promise [Bible Reading 7/3 Week]
God reaffirmed and expanded the covenant promises He made to Abraham–this time to King David. God promised to give David rest from his enemies and to build an eternal house through one of David’s descendants. In response to God’s unfailing promises, David expressed gratitude and humility, and this is the appropriate response for all believers in light of God’s faithfulness.
- 2 Samuel 7:8-26
- 2 Samuel 6:5-23 (Uzzah and Ark; David and Michael)
- 2 Samuel 8 (David’s victories)
- 2 Samuel 9 (David’s Kindness to Mephibosheth)
- 2 Samuel 10 (David Defeats Ammon and Syria)
If you are studying these passages by yourself or as a family, the following 3 questions can help you go deeper in understanding:
- What does this say about God?
- What does this say about us?
- What will we do about it?