God’s Perfect Peace
Powerful time in Isaiah 26 this morning. So many people with so much that God is doing in their lives right now. Incredible just to be a bystander to watch him at work.
- Risen – North Side Worship
- Christ Is Risen (He Is Risen Indeed) – Keith and Kristyn Getty
- Announcements (Chronic Pain Class, Ladies’ Night Out, Marriage Conference)
- Prayer Time – Sanctity of Human Life Emphasis
- At the Cross – North Side Arrangement
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross – North Side Arrangement
- When I Think About the Lord – Jason Breland
- Sermon – God’s Perfect Peace (Isa. 26:1-3)
- Hold Me Jesus – Rich Mullins
The worship team did a fantastic job leading people into God’s presence today. It was incredible to hear the people sing out.
- Peace is acquired when your mind stays fixed on God.
- Peace is not determined by circumstances but obtained through trust.
- How can I live at peace? 1) Set my mind to think about God. 2) Set my heart to put trust in God.
- “You keep him in perfect peace” is written in the original language as “peace peace.” It is a literary doubling up to show emphasis.
- Make it a priority to think about the LORD.
- Don’t be like Peter who focused on the wind and the waves (Matt. 14:30).
The steadfast of mind you will keep in perfect peace because he trust in you. -Isaiah 26:3