Discipleship Group Leader Training: October 18, 2015
We will have a Discipleship Group Leader Training on Sunday October 18, 2015 at 5:00 PM in the Chapel. The training will conclude by 5:45 PM, in plenty of time to make your Sunday night group or class. This training is for all current leaders and also for any person who believes they have been gifted in teaching and has a desire to possibly lead a Discipleship Group in the future. This will be a general “nuts and bolts” session of how to lead a Discipleship Group and not specific to the Gospel Project curriculum. Below are the topics that will be covered:
- Establishing boundaries in the group
- Leading fellowship time in the group
- Leading prayer time in the group
- Leading teaching time in the group
- How to question/engage the group
- How to care for the members of the group
- How to delegate within the group
- Expectations of preparation time and additional time beyond regular meeting time
Again, this is for all current Discipleship Group Leaders, but if you currently are not leading a group but feel God may have gifted you in this way, please come! It will be a good time to gather more information as you prayerfully consider where God is leading you in service.
Disciple Group Leaders: Please encourage those in your group who may possibly be a future leader to attend. Remember, one of our major goals in discipleship is to equip and encourage others to lead!
I look forward to seeing all of you on the 18th as we continue to be faithful in “Making Disciples”!
For His glory,