Humble Before God
Powerful day at North Side. We focused our worship gathering on James 4:6-10.
6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.
Today, we worshiped to:
- I Will Boast – Paul Baloche
- Humble Yourselves – North Side Worship
- Have Thine Own Way – North Side Worship
- When I Think About the Lord – Jason Breland
- What a Savior – North Side Worship
It was great to spend some time praying for the people of Nepal today. Joining up with brothers and sisters around the world is a glorious privilege.
We also got the wonderful privilege to commission Adeola and Kelsey to take the gospel to West Africa as they leave this week. I love watching Jesus at work in the lives of these two ladies!
Jeff’s message focused on the gift of repentance. Here are some notes I made from today’s message:
- With more sin committed, there is more grace extended.
- “Draw near to God” is still an invitation from God to draw near.
- Deal with the sin on the outside and on the inside.
- I don’t have to repent, I get to repent.
As we celebrated communion, we had planned to sing “What a Savior” throughout the time. It was incredible to watch how God wove together the lyrics of that song and some statements that Jeff said. Two in particular was how Jesus came to draw near to us first (“You came to us for we could never make it to You on our own”), and how Jesus gives a greater grace (“our sins were great, Your grace was greater”).
Just a reminder – we have a members’ meeting tonight at 6. Hope to see you there!